Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Cookie Cutter Set by Wilton

So I confess to loving baking, and I thought I would try out a gingerbread recipe by Margaret Fulton (I am on a mission to cook everything in her Baking cookbook). With this in mind I purchased myself this wilton set of gingerbread men cookie cutters. There is four metal cutters in the pack, and I have to say that they cut absolutely beautifully and they are really sturdy, so its unlikely that they are going to get bent out of shape in the bottom of my cookie cutter drawer.


I gave three of the four sizes a go. The largest one just seemed to be more like a fat teddy bear. I think as each cutter gets bigger they don't end up getting the proportionate increase in height. So I wasn't really a fan of that one lol.

I plan on decorating these with my son this afternoon - so here are my nudey rudey gingerbread men! No idea why this keeps posting this image the wrong way, so apologies for that!


My Overall Review:

Rating: 7.5/10
Positives: Sturdy and will hold there shape, easy to find in the shops, well priced and comes in a little box to store them in.
Negatives: The weird shape of the largest one - so I have marked it down purely for that, and since it is 1/4 of the packet, then I deducted 25% from my rating.
Cost: I purchased mine from Cake Decorating Solutions for $8.95. I think its pretty reasonably priced for 4 metal cutters.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment