Sunday, October 13, 2013

Agbay - the ultimate cake levelling tool

So I have to admit that the above heading is a pretty massive statement, but I mean every word of it! The Agbay truly is the best cake leveller EVER - and no I wasn't given a freebie and that's ok, because it is simply worth every penny. I purchased an Agbay junior with a single blade and this has been great for the cakes that I do. It cuts so easily through the dense mud cakes and fruitcakes effortlessly. You do need a little caution if you have crusty bits on your cake, but otherwise with a nice side to side action it will envenly cut your cakes to the height you set it at.

Here is a snap of the beautiful Agbay in action - levelling off the top of my chocolate mud cake.

 

My overall review:

Rating: 10/10
Positives: Cuts with ease, perfectly level layers for torted cakes, adjustable height and available in various sizes
Negatives: I guess initially it was price, but once you use it and love it, the price is honestly forgotten about. Also the blade is very sharp so beware of your fingers :)
Cost: Starts from $149.50 USD depending on the model plus international postage. I purchased mine directly from Agbay

No comments:

Post a Comment