Friday, October 25, 2013

Clean and simple cake design - online craftsy class

One of my favourite things to do is learn from others. Sometimes you can just get one little tip or trick that can make your caking adventure so much easier. This class contained one OMG moment for me - you know where you sit back and look at all the cakes you have done in the past and wonder - why didn't I think of that???  


Jessica Harris has a wonderful blog - http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com.au/ and I highly recommend you follow it as she has loads of great tutorials on there.


I also really do think this tutorial is great value for money - they are always on sale, and there really is something for everyone.

Here is the cake I made, inspired by this tutorial. I used Swarovski crystals, and a silver leaf ribbon just to bling it up a little bit.

 

 

 

 

 

My Overall Review:

Rating: 10/10
Positives: Can learn a range of techniques at your own pace. Affordable compared to doing an actual in the flesh class. The classes are yours to keep forever, so you can keep going back to them when you want to. I also like the amount of topics covered in this class. I think there is something for everyone from beginners to advanced.
Negatives: You want to have good internet, otherwise viewing it could be painful. Sometimes it is hard to locate particular products used, as this is a US decorator.
Cost: $43.99 online from Craftsy - however it is 50% off if you go through Jessica's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment