Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Clear cake scrapers - by the Cupcake Lady

So I was excited when I saw a few fellow cakers posting about these new clear plastic scrapers - why was I excited? Well the great thing about these is that you can actually see what you are doing when stencilling, ganaching and whatever else you want to do with these such as buttercream, straightening stripes and patterns and whatever else you can think of. I know it seems like a small benefit, but in the world of cake perfection this is a massive bonus.

So far I have road tested these on ganaching a cake and also using it to smoothly apply an edible image around the sides of a cake. They really are super useful and I have no doubt this is about to become one of my go to tools.

There are three of these babies in a pack, just over 4, 6 and 8 inches high making it perfect for your single tiers, extended tiers and double barrels.



Here is a quick pick of the ganaching in progress using the clear scraper.

My overall review:

Rating: 10/10
Positives: Great size, shape and they are nice and lightweight. I definitely think it was worth the cost.
Negatives: Yet to find one - I suspect that I probably won't either.
Cost: $39.95 plus postage $9.90. I purchased these from The Cupcake Lady online sore and they were really quick to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment