Sunday, October 20, 2013

I am Inspired - by Michelle that is :)

Every now and then, I like to treat myself to a little caking indulgence, and also like to tick something off my bucket list. (To do classes with all my caking idols). So with that in mind, I booked in to do a double barrel cake decorating course with the incredibly talented, and just a down right wonderful person, Michelle Rea from Inspired by Michelle Cake Designs.

If you don't already follow Michelle's work, then I have to say - get on board. She is an amazing person and is very generous with sharing her wealth of knowledge on all things cake. She has an excellent you tube tutorial on ganaching cakes which is the method that I use (and learnt from this very clip).

Here is a pic of my ganached cake - have to say I am pretty damn proud of this baby and all its chocolaty goodness :)

Had to also take advantage of the photo op and get my celebrity caking photo taken ;) For those of you who haven't met Michelle, she is on the left and her cake was the chocolate, orange and hot pink number which was just stunning!
 

My overall review

Rating: 10/10
Positives: Michelle is an incredible talent and she is more than prepared to share all her tips, tricks and advice along the way. The classes are small (max 8 people) which really gives you a good opportunity to get help if you needed, and to be able to learn from her. She provides all the equipment that you need, and has parking on-site. I am already planning on booking another one of her classes next year - that's how good it was!!!
Negatives: Hmmm, still trying to think of one, yes I don't have one yet
Cost: $350 for this particular class
 
Here is the photo of the cake I made - too good to cut, and will be a display for a little while yet :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment